Saturday, October 1, 2011

Everyday in Cotacachi


















Hi - it’s Kaia!  It’s finally MY turn to write the blog.  Instead of renting a hotel, we rented an apartment!  It’s the best apartment I’ve ever been in!  

I like our apartment because
  • -         it has a big back yard and we can run around with Quilo in it,
  • -         it has 3 flat screen TVs (we don't even have one in MN!),
  • -         we have one bathroom with a bathtub with WARM WATER and one bathroom with a warm shower,
  • -         and we can climb trees.

Come visit us.  We will live here for 5 weeks.  I’ve never had such a good room and me and Niko sleep together.  It’s very noisy in the morning outside.  It sounds like someone taking a stick and banging a piece of metal to wake someone up.  Outside our windows I see a house and church and Cotacachi Volcano on one side, and on the other I see an apartment, a big yard, and Imbabura Volcano.  Don’t worry, they won’t explode when we’re here, they're dead.

We know someone who goes to the school next door.  He’s a very nice boy named Luisito (Little Luis, his papa is Big Luis) who is fun to play with.  We went to another apartment and we went up in the very top on the roof and we found a ladder going up. We climbed up into it and it was a cooooooooool hideout.  I let Luisito walk Quilo the whole time I saw him.










I think Cotacachi is pretty cool because it has a nice view and is usually sunny.  The streets have a couple of holes in them and most of the streets are very filled with cars. 

Here are two videos for you to watch: one on Quilo, and one on the parade yesterday in Cotacachi.  I thought the parade was awesome.  It was a little too noisy for me since I almost never go to one, but otherwise awesome because I got to see people getting bumped into by a bull, lots of instruments, and bands, and people riding on the backs of trucks. Imagine if that bull came after kids on tricycles at the 4th of July parade in St. Anthony Park!  That would be CRAZY!

Adios amigas and amigos!
Kaia




4 comments:

  1. Kaia, that's a very cool blog post! I especially liked the video when Quilo went with you to get tutored. Does he understand English? How is your Spanish?
    Hugs, Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaia: Thank you for the blog and fun videos. I'm sure Quilo's trip to the vet to get "tutored" was worth it if it means being adopted by your wonderful family. He sure is a cute dog! They look so sad with the cone on their head, don't they? Keep writing, your blog was great! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. So does Quilo have the ornamental neck decoration so he can be in the next parade?
    Thanks for telling us about the parade and your house, Kaia. Will you miss the house when you move? How is Tom?
    Love and hugs,
    Auntie Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Derk! I see you making a beautiful notebook with drawings!!!! And Niko is squeezing oranges to provide you with delicious sustenance. Wow. Time for us to move down and live with you.
    Lo siento que olvidé escribir en español esta vez.

    ReplyDelete